Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe Collection!

Good Morning! Today I have the Beyond the Mistletoe collection for Color Club for Christmas 2011. I got this set from Ross for $7.99. Check out your local Ross and see if they have it! Its an amazing deal! I can't believe its already November and the holidays are fast approaching. I love the holidays, so I'm very excited!!! Anyways I'll stop going on about the holidays... on to today's post full of glittery goodness!


Shade


Partial (Overcast) Sunlight




Artificial Light, blurred to show holo effect

Bottle Pic :) Isn't it pretty??
 Holiday Splendor. 3 coats. Green (and teal in some lights) jelly base with holographic glitter. AH! This is easily my favorite color from this collection! Not only because I like all things green but because this is the only one that I found to be opaque enough to wear alone because of the base. All the other glitters in this collection are in a clear base so it takes a lot more work to get them opaque. This one, however, I could have gotten away with 2 coats but I pretty much always do 3 coats. LOVE this color! I can't really say much more about it other than how much I love it!

Natural Light

Natural Light

Artificial Light

Natural Light

Artificial Light, blurred to show holo effect.

Bottle picture!
 Sugarplum Fairy. 3 coats, subtle pink glitter base loaded with holo glitter. Ack! This color was the bane of my existence to try to photograph. I couldn't really get it to come out true to color. Its looks very silver in these pictures but it has a very subtle pink tint to it. I think the first two pictures are the closest. Formula-wise this is a thick (I mean THICK) glitter. I got pretty decent coverage in 3 coats, but its still a bit patchy, so I would definitely need to layer this, just like most of the colors in this collection.

Natural Light

Natural Light

The namesake of this collection this is Beyond the Mistletoe. 3 coats. Clear base with micro blue glitter and holo glitter. This color is really pretty because the blue is very subtle in this, just like the pink is in Sugarplum Fairy. Another thick glitter that at 3 coats is patchy, definitely a layering color. I love how strong the holographic glitter is in these colors!!! 


Natural Light

Natural Light

Artificial Light, blurred to show holo effect

Gingerbread. 3 coats. Gold, pink, blue/green, and holo glitter in a clear base. Another thick layering glitter. This one is so pretty because of the way the gold and the holographic play off of each other. It looks like there's other colors of glitter mixed in there but gold and holographic definitely take center stage in this color. I really like this! I love that it is subtle in the shade/indoors but when the light hits it, it lights up.

Natural Light

Natural Light

Natural Light
Jingle Jangle. 3 coats. Light blue and purple glitter in a clear base. This is also another thick layering glitter. Its so beautiful! I have other blue/purple glitters but nothing like this. I love that this bottle has light blue and light purple versus other glitters that have darker colors. Can't wait to experiment with layering with this one!


Natural Light

Natural Light
Candy Cane. 3 coats. Pink and silver glitter in a clear base. This is also a thick glitter but I feel like its closer to being able to be worn alone than the others. Its really pretty but I feel like I have something like this, I need to dig through my stash and see. Nonetheless I really like this, not necessarily for the holidays but I still like it. Maybe for next spring/summer!


Overall, I really like this collection. Since they are thick glitters, they are a PAIN to remove, so be warned. I wish the glitters had a color base like Holiday Splendor and could be worn alone but either way, this collection is full of glittery goodness and if that's the kind of think you love, you should definitely pick it up! 


Thanks for reading, until next time!





6 comments:

  1. new follower here. I love this collection. It pairs well with the CC Foiled collection. I'm currently wearing Jingle Jangle as an accent nail with CC Cold Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Totally with you on the holiday splendor green such a cute shade and who doesn't love glitter!

    -Ashley
    http://www.beauty-flawed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - I got the Foiled collection as well and I thought the same when I saw them side by side!! I'm planning on putting up a post of these two paired at some point soon!

    Ashley - I'm re-addicted to glitter! :)

    Thanks for your comments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower :)
    These look great! But yes, I also hate glitter removal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitter galore!!! Love it!!!

    allthatisgorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete