Monday, August 8, 2011

China Glaze Metro Swatches

I picked up a 4 of the colors from the Fall 2011 China Glaze Metro Collection... These were the only colors I liked when I saw them. I think I'll get fantastic use of these come fall.


CG in the City. 4 coats, no topcoat. Tons of dark glitter in a clear base. Because its in a clear base, it took more coats to get this to be dense glitter... it probably could have also done with one more coat but I didn't want to have to do that. As far as glitters go, the formula was pretty good. The base wasn't goopey or anything.


Skyscraper. 3 coats, no topcoat. The 2nd picture is blurry to show the sparkles. Silver and blue glitter in a blue jelly base. This one applies better than CG in the City did because it has the blue jelly base. Still took a few coats to get really dense.

Concrete Catwalk. 2 coats, no topcoat. Dark grey creme. This color applied like a dream. 2 easy coats and it was perfectly opaque and smooth. LOVE this color!

 Westside Warrior. 2 coats, no topcoat. Army green creme. This color is also fantastic! 2 creamy, nice coats to full opacity. I love this color... I feel like I should do a camo nail design with this color... hmm....

Overall I really like these colors. Westside Warrior and Concrete Catwalk applied so well!! The glitters took a little more work but they're so gorgeous that its okay. I'm loving the dark and glittery fall nail polish trend. I almost can't wait for fall now to start wearing them. The only reason I'm not wearing them now is because I want to take full advantage of my bright colors while its still warm in L.A. Anyways that's it for now... a currently wearing post coming up next!

<3 Nicel


No comments:

Post a Comment