Saturday, August 13, 2011

China Glaze Haunting Swatches

So when I went to the nail supply place I frequent guess what was on the shelf?


Needless to say, I had to get it. They also had the other 3 color in the Haunting collection out but I only picked up one of those... the other 2 I didn't like.

First color is Its Alive. 2 coats, no topcoat. Its a rotted flesh kind of color with tons of glitter. Its awesome and so perfectly Halloweenish. It kind of reminds of Zombies or something like that. Fantastic glitter.

The next thing I tried is to put the Ghoulish Glow over Its Alive. 2 coats each, no topcoat. Ghoulish glow is a milky glow in the dark topcoat. As you can see, it makes Its Alive look milky and muted. 

Here's the bottle in glow mode. Unfortunately, I had a hard time capturing the glow on my nails. Zom-Body to Love from OPI was much easier to capture on camera... the glow from ghoulish glow was still definitely there but its much more subtle than the OPI version.

Finally I picked up the namesake of the collection, Haunting. 2 coats, no topcoat. Its a gorgeous glitter polish. Black base loaded with silver glitter. Its beautiful. I can definitely see myself wearing this all fall... not just around Halloween time.

The application of all of these was fantastic. I was slightly disappointed by the Ghoulish Glow. I think Zom-Body to Love is much much better in the glow factor. I still love China Glaze as a brand and I'm so excited for these!! I love them all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment