Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Julep - Leah

Good morning! Happy 3rd day of 2012! Its back to regular life for me... today I have to run a million errands, no fun!

Today I bring you the last color of my January Maven Box from Julep. This is definitely my favorite from the box although I'm in love with all 3 colors.




Leah. 2 coats. This color is described as "a vivid and refreshing grass green with a hint of shimmer" and its description is dead on. The shimmer is a hint of pearly white, you can see it pretty decently well in the first picture. Coverage, formula and dry time were all fantastic. Julep's formula is pretty good, I haven't had any problems with it so far!!

Also, as a bonus, I decided to review the Julep nail polish remover pad that came in my January box. **Warning** Naked nails ahead!




The claim on the packaging is "one pad will clean or remove polish from all ten nails" so I chose to give it a real challenge and remove glitter polish. I was wearing Revlon Facets of Fuchsia, and I thought it would be the perfect thing to remove. Now this remover pad is a piece of felt soaked in remover. First of all, the remover smells terrible to me, which is saying something cause I usually don't mind the smell of polish or remover... even Seche Vite I don't mind!

It did pretty good up until finger 6. After that, it was starting to dry up up and I had to add pure acetone to the pad to finish removing my nail polish. Overall, I think it would work pretty decently if it wasn't glitter polish. All I can say is that I'm not really impressed. It would probably be cheaper just to buy a sheet of felt, cut it in to squares, and soak it in polish remover and it would probably work better, but that's just my opinion!

Thanks for reading, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment