Saturday, March 10, 2012

Model's Own Emerald City

There is exactly one week until St. Patrick's Day (and my birthday!!!) So this week, I will be posting swatches of nothing but green nail polish. First up is my current mani. Its one of the polishes I got from my swap with the lovely Rachel of Polished Criminails and I am in love.

Artificial Light

Natural Light - Direct Sunlight

Natural Light - Shade
Emerald City from Model's Own. Perfect green glitter. I love this color so much. I first saw it on Traci's Blog and I had to have it so when the opportunity to swap came up, it was one of the colors I requested from Rachel. I do have it over another color, but more on that with the layering order later. The formula was pretty good, it was a little thick but that's relatively customary for thick glitters like this. Its also really topcoat hungry, its still rough despite the layers of topcoat I have on (listed below in the layering order). I will definitely have to put another layer of topcoat on, but it doesn't really bother me. Its gorgeous!

Layering Order:
Julep Nail Therapy
1 coat Jade is the New Black
2 coats Emerald City
1 coat Gelous
1 coat Seche Vite

Thanks for reading, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love this glitter, I want, I want! Such a great green!

    ReplyDelete