Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm BACK! + March Julep Maven swatches!

Hey everyone!! My hiatus is officially over. I have finally made some time for myself  to start swatching and such and so I should be able to post more regularly, at least for the next couple of weeks. After that, I start doing tech for a musical they're doing at my school so I don't know how much time I'll have when that starts, but until then... I'm back!

Also, in other exciting news... I reached 200 followers while I was away!! I really need to start planning a giveaway for that soon. I promise I will!!!

...aaaaand for those of you that might not know, I started a personal/makeup/randoms/weight loss/Disneyland/etc blog that I try to post in regularly. I've done really well with my weight loss, I have lost 15 pounds since I started at the end of January and I'm loving it. I feel fantastic! Check out my Personal Blog for my own personal non-polish ramblings! haha

Okay, so! On to today's post. I have swatched from the March Julep Maven It Girl box. I didn't do a box opening video because at the time I got my box, I didn't have time and I didn't take pictures of the box itself because it was just their standard packing... black box, crumply paper inside, bubble wrap and ribbon... nothing too special. I gotta say when I got the e-mail about this box, I got really excited because it said something about a holographic effect....... yeah its not so much holographic as a teal shimmer... but I'll get in to that later. So these are the colors I got, described by Julep:

Charlotte: Demure lavender creme. Sophisticated with a twist.
Jodie: Deep rose with a golden shimmer.
Melissa: Sheer opalescent shimmer adds a soft glow when used alone and a high-fashion holographic effect when used over another color.

First up, Charlotte. It is exactly as described by Julep. A lavender creme. Fortunately I love lavender cremes because of how they look on my skin tone so I'm really happy with this color, but its not anything spectacular or new.

Artificial Light

Natural Light - Direct Sunlight

Natural Light - Shade

Next is Jodie. This is really pretty. I actually wouldn't have picked it for myself and that's why I love the Julep Maven program. Anywho its really pretty and my camera is NOT accurate on this. Its a little more pink than its picked up. Also, she had a little accident. Its not broken, it just leaked a little on the way.

:(

Artificial Light

Natural Light - Direct Sunlight

Natural Light - Shade
And finally, the polish that was supposed to be "holographic". Melissa. Its a shimmery teal that gives everything its swatched over a shimmery teal duochromey effect. It is really gorgeous and I pretty much love it but I am annoyed cause its not holographic :/. I swatched this over Charlotte.





All of the above: Natural Light - Direct Sunlight

Artificial Light

Thanks for reading, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment