Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Orly Androgynie

Today's color is from Orly's Holiday Soiree collection for Christmas this year.


Androgynie by Orly. Basecoat, 3 coats, Seche Vite topcoat. Smoky blackish jelly base with gold and holo glitter and chunky hex glitter. I love this in the bottle, but I'm really not a fan of it on the nail, sadly. The formula of the jelly doesn't let the gorgeous holographic or even much of the glitter to shine through. I spent a good couple of minutes shaking up the bottle before I painted it on and still nothing as you can see from my swatch picture, you can't even tell there's barely any glitter at all, but in the bottle its PACKED. Where does all that glitter go when it gets on the nail? I don't understand. This is one color I'm sad to say I'm really disappointed in. Maybe if I try wearing it over black next time it might work, I really hope it does at least. I had really high hopes for this color, especially when I saw a bottle picture of it on The PolishAholic a month or 2 ago but its not that great. 



No comments:

Post a Comment