Sunday, July 7, 2013

Color Show Polka Dots - Swatches and Review

Hey Guys!

In today's post I have 3 colors from the new Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots collection. I picked up the 3 of these that I was really interested in. I'm never really much of buying an entire collection when I know I'm not gonna wear some of it... so here we go!


Drops of Jade. 3 coats. Black and white polka dot glitter with white and black medium hex glitter in a mint jelly-ish base. I really love this one. This is my favorite of the 3 that I have. I could have gotten away with two coats, but I decided on 3. This was surprisingly really easy to work with!


Pretty in Polka. 3 Coats. Same glitter as Drops of Jade in a magenta jelly base. Another one whose formula is awesome. The magenta is really pigmented and gorgeous. Really love this one for summer!




Blue Marks the Spot. 4 coats. Light blue jelly with the same glitter as the others. This one was the problem child of the ones that I got. This was super sheer. This is 4 coats and as you can see, you can definitely still see my nails. The glitter isn't the problem in this one, just like its not in the others.... the base color is. I'm really disappointed with this one :(


Overall, the glitter in this is nice, spreads easily. I didn't have much of a problem with bald spots or the glitter bunching. It spread evenly and covered well. I really liked these... except for Blue Marks the Spot... I will probably pick up 2 more from this collection that I kind of have my eye on.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment